Vidya Bharati’s central office has sent a message to all its schools and affiliated organizations to actively observe the International Yoga Day is celebrated on 21st June. Excerpts from the circular:
According to Indian life philosophy, the importance of yoga in the overall development of a child cannot be questioned. It is because of this reason that Vidya Bharati has included yoga teaching as one of its five basic education subjects. Today the whole world has accepted the importance of yoga and 21st June is now celebrated as International Yoga Day all around the globe.
Celebrating yoga in all our schools and associated organizations will not only make the teaching of yoga more effective but also create awareness among the society around us.
This drive towards yoga can be further accelerated if we involve our alumni, our old teachers, and our old yoga teachers too.
Some action points to achieve this can be:
- Make a complete plan of action to implement yoga teaching in the school.
- Exhibiting our best performers on International Yoga Day.
- In the summer holidays, a special 7-day event can be arranged for the training of interested students in yoga.
- Similarly, special yoga camps can be organized for parents and even community members under the supervision of yoga teachers.
- Every morning students are asked to practice Surya Namaskar.
Talks should be organized laying emphasis on how yoga can benefit the well-being of an individual.